If you choose to save money by purchasing a theme, we are with you every step of the way to ensure the theme we purchase is a great fit for your content and your brand. Here is a rough guideline for how we help you choose a WordPress theme.
- We evaluate your current website and any printed material you may have to understand your business, your brand and your website content.
- We have you fill out a questionnaire where you share with us what you want out of your new website and what look you want to achieve.
- We look through some premium WordPress themes and select 3-5 to show you.
- We help you evaluate each of them and together we make a decision which theme to purchase.
- We will purchase the chosen theme for you and install it on a testing server .
The next steps depend on whether you want to spend a little extra money and have a designer make some custom changes to the theme or if you would like to save some money and stick close to the chosen theme.
One of our clients, Van Popering Insurance, had a limited budget and didn’t want to use a designer. We chose the Finanza theme and then customized the look to their brand as closely as possible given the confines of the theme.
If you choose to use a designer, here are the next steps.
- The designer will at a minimum create 2 home page designs for you to choose from, and we will have 2 rounds of edits for the chosen design to get it exactly right.
- If you would like even more personalization, we can design a few more pages for an additional price. We will identify these key pages and provide one design for each page identified. Again, we’ll have 2 rounds of edits for the chosen design to get it exactly right.
- Once the designs are finalized, we will take the designs and start making changes to the theme to reflect the design perfectly.
- Once the changes are made, you and the designer will be given 2 more chances to look through the site and make design changes.
- After all the content is inserted, you and the designer will be given one last chance to go through the site and ask for changes.
- The site goes live!
If you chose NOT to use a designer, here are the next steps.
- We will make color and font changes as needed to reflect your brand, upload your logo and make any other changes we think are necessary.
- We will give you a chance to review the site and ask for changes.
- Once all the content is inserted, you will be given one last chance to go through the site and ask for changes.
- The site goes live!